Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
Course Duration:5 Days
Course Price:$4175 Face to Face/ $900 Online
Availability:Call/Email to register interest
Overview & ObjectivesOpen or Close
This course is intended for students who have experience building vertically scaled applications. Students should also have experience with the Microsoft Azure platform and a basic understanding of the services offered in Azure.
This course offers students the opportunity to take an existing web application and expand its functionality as part of moving it to Azure. The course does not require any existing experience with the ASP.NET platform. This course focuses on the architectural considerations and decisions necessary when building a highly available solution in the cloud. This course also prepares the students for the 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions certification exam.
The candidates targeted by this training have basic experience in implementing and monitoring Microsoft Azure solutions. Candidates are also proficient with the development tools, techniques and approaches used to build application solutions.
Skills GainedOpen or Close
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Review the services available in the Azure platform and the Management Portals used to manage the service instances.
- Create a Virtual Machine using the Azure Management Portal and create an image of the VM.
- Create an Azure Web Site and publish an existing ASP.NET web application to the site.
- Create an Azure SQL server and database.
- Describe and identify the common practices and patterns for building resilient and scalable web applications that will be hosted in Azure.
- Create an Azure Cloud Service project in Visual Studio 2013 and debug locally.
- Create a background process using a Azure Worker Role.
- Create an Azure Table Storage table and manage the table data using the .NET API for Azure Storage.
- Create Azure Files SMB file share and store documents.
- Create an Azure Storage Queue instance to store requests.
- Create an Azure Service Bus queue instance to store requests.
- Create an Azure Service Bus namespace and use the namespace to connect a cloud web application to the local WCF service.
- Create a Virtual Machine using the existing SQL template and connect this Virtual Machine to the existing application.
- Create a test environment using powershell and the Azure Service Management cmdlets.
- Integrate ASP.NET Identity for the administration portal with Azure Active Directory.
- Deploy the web application projects to Azure.
Course ModulesOpen or Close
Module 1: OVERVIEW OF THE MICROSOFT AZURE PLATFORM
Module 2: Establishing a Development Environment using Azure Virtual Machines
Module 3: Hosting Web Applications on the Azure Platform
Module 4: Storing SQL Data in Azure
Module 5: Designing Cloud Applications For Resiliency
Module 6: Managing Cloud Services in Azure
Module 7: Storing NoSQL Data in Azure
Module 8: Storing and Consuming Files from Azure Storage
Module 9: Designing a Communication Strategy using Queues and Service Bus
Module 10: Managing Infrastructure in Azure
Module 11: Automating Integration with Azure Resources
Module 12: Securing Azure Web Applications
Module 13: Maintaining and Monitoring Web Solutions in Azure
PrerequisitesOpen or Close
Before attending this course, students must be able to:
- Compare the services available in the Azure platform.
- Configure and deploy web applications.
- Create Azure WebSites using the gallery.
- Deploying and monitoring Azure WebSites.
- Create and configure Azure Virtual Machines.
- Describe the relationship between Cloud Services and Virtual Machines.
- Deploy existing Cloud Service packages.
- Create and manage a Storage account.
- Manage blobs and containers in a Storage account.
- Create, configure and connect to a SQL Databases instance.
- Identify the implications of importing a SQL Standalone database.
- Manage users, groups and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance.
- Create a virtual network.
- Implement a point to site network.