ITIL® Operational Support and Analysis Certificate
Course Duration:5 Days
Availability:Call/Email to register interest
Overview & ObjectivesOpen or Close
A practical exam for organizations that work according to ITIL® and that apply IT Service Management. The emphasis is on operational principles and processes within the entire lifecycle of services. Analysis of services and continuity of delivery are essential.
Skills GainedOpen or Close
Candidates can expect to gain competence in the following areas upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- The value to the business of OSA activities
- How OSA activities support the service lifecycle
- Optimizing service operation performance
- How the processes in OSA interact with other service lifecycle processes
- How to use the OSA processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure OSA
- The importance of IT security and its contributions to OSA
- Understanding the technology and implementation considerations surrounding OSA
- The challenges, critical success factors (CSFs) and risks associated with OSA
- Specific emphasis on the service operation lifecycle processes and roles included in:
- Event management, which defines any detectable or discernible occurrence that has significance for the management of the IT infrastructure or the delivery of an IT service
- Incident management, which has the capability to bring services back to normal operations as soon as possible and according to agreed service levels
- Request fulfillment, which fulfills a request providing quick and effective access to standard services which business staff can use to improve their productivity or the quality of business services and products
- Problem management, which prevents problems and resulting incidents from happening, eliminating recurring incidents and minimizing the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented
- Access management, which grants authorized users the right to use a service while preventing access to non-authorized users.
- Operational activities of processes covered in other lifecycle stages such as:
- Change management
- Service asset and configuration management
- Release and deployment management
- Capacity management
- Availability management
- Knowledge management
- Financial management for IT services
- IT service continuity management.
- Organizing for service operation which describes roles and functions to be performed within the service operation and support such as service desk, technical management, IT operations management and application management.
Course ModulesOpen or Close
You are involved regularly or on a daily-basis with the operational support of IT Service Management. This may be through preventing or quickly resolving incidents, managing access rights or any manner of operational activities.
PrerequisitesOpen or Close
-The ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management*
-An accredited training by an accredited training provider
*Or the Foundation certificate in IT Service Management (based on ITIL®) (version 2) in combination with the ITIL®Foundation bridge certificate.
You are an incident manager, service (or service-level) manager, IT professional, business manager or business process owner and involved in carrying out operational processes in your organization. You would like to know more about Operational Support and Analysis. You contribute directly or indirectly to a higher level of IT Service Management.