Course Code:Prince 2®
Course Duration:3 Days
Overview & ObjectivesOpen or Close
PRINCE2® is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. PRINCE2® is recognised as a world-class international product and is the defacto standard method for project management throughout the world. The PRINCE2® method is in the public domain, offering nonproprietary, best practice guidance on project management. The PRINCE2® Foundation course will provide delegates with a detailed knowledge of the PRINCE2® methodology including the seven processes, seven themes and seven principles central to running a project using the PRINCE2® method. The successful completion of the Foundation exam will give the delegate a recognised Foundation qualification. The Foundation level measures whether a delegate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2® method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2®.
Skills GainedOpen or Close
Following the completion of the course participants will be able to:
• Learn, understand and use the most important concepts of the PRINCE2® method.
• Monitor a project within the boundaries of the Project Plan.
• Participate effectively in a project in accordance with the PRINCE2® method.
• Describe the purpose and major content of all roles, the seven themes, the seven processes and the sub-processes, and the seven principles.
• State which management products are input to, or output from, the seven processes.
• State the main purpose, and key contents, of the major management products.
• State the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project.
• Pass the Foundation Exam.
• Lay a firm Foundation knowledge to allow delegates to move onto Practitioner Level.
• Understand the level of responsibility, authority and accountability held by those involved in the project.
• Articulate the steps needed to guide the project through controlled, well managed and visible sets of activities to achieve the desired results.
Course ModulesOpen or Close
Course Student Material:
Two weeks prior, students will receive Pre-Read material to prepare themselves for the course. At the beginning of the course, students will receive a PRINCE2® Foundation classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams.
• Continued business justification
• Learn from experience
• Defined roles and responsibilities
• Manage by stages
• Manage by Exception
• Focus on products
• Tailor to suit the project environment
• Business Case
• Starting up a Project
• Directing a Project
• Initiating a Project
• Controlling a Stage
• Managing Product Delivery
• Managing Stage Boundaries
• Closing a Project
PrerequisitesOpen or Close