Course Code:Prince 2 ® Practitioner
Course Duration:2 Days
Overview & ObjectivesOpen or Close
PRINCE2® is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. PRINCE2® is recognised as a world-class international product and is the defacto standard method for project management throughout the world. The PRINCE2® method is in the public domain, offering nonproprietary, best practice guidance on project management.
Skills GainedOpen or Close
Following the completion of the course delegates will be able to:
• Show they understand the relationships between processes, themes, principles and PRINCE2® products and can apply this understanding to a given project scenario.
• Demonstrate that they understand the reasons behind the processes and themes of PRINCE2®, and that they understand the principles underpinning these elements.
• Apply PRINCE2® to the running and managing of a project within an environment supporting PRINCE2®.
• Apply and tailor PRINCE2® to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario and different project circumstances.
• State which management products are input to, or output from, the seven processes.
• State the main purpose, and key contents, of the major management products.
• State the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project.
• Pass the Practitioner exam.
• Understand the level of responsibility, authority and accountability held by those involved in the project.
• Articulate the steps needed to guide the project through controlled, wellmanaged and visible sets of activities to achieve the desired results.
Course ModulesOpen or Close
Students are required to order the PRINCE2® Practitioner Manual.
Book Title: Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® 2009 Edition (English version) ISBN: 9780113310593 Author: OGC.
• Business Case
• Initiating a Project
• Directing a Project
• Managing a Stage Boundary
• Closing a Project
• Controlling a Stage
• Managing Product Delivery
PrerequisitesOpen or Close
PRINCE2® Foundation certificate